Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bouldurango Ride - Day 4

Crested Butte CO. I love this town. The Brick Oven bike team lived up to the hype and pulled us up and over Cottonwood Pass at a clip faster than most would dare. Those guys are animals, with them along we were 20 riders strong. The dirt backside of Cottonwood was in as good a shape as one could of hoped but it still shook the feeling out of my feet (and other things) by half way down. We encountered a little rain and some strong winds near Taylor Resevoir but they passed quickly. We ended the day with beers and pizza at the Brick Oven with the whole crew celebrating a rough day in the books.
Tomorrow morning we have a 7AM call with 130 miles to ride and by far the longest day in the saddle to deal with. Luckily a good portion of it will be in the desert with temps into the 90s. Good times.
I wish I could relate this experience in a better fashion than this but I'm so spent my thoughts are not very coherent. I promise to write a thorough retrospective of this whole crazy experience but for now I have to sleep and prepare for the longest I've ever ridden a bicycle. Thanks to everyone who is keeping up with us. Life is good out on the road.

More pictures should be up on facebook from our latest adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment