We've ridden our bikes to Ouray CO. This is too far of a drive for some people. In my humble opinion this is the most beautiful town in Colorado and it seems an appropriate place to begin our final day. The huge mountains and tumbling waterfalls on every side of town make you feel very humble and this bike ride has been no different. I'm overwhelmed by the experience I've had this week and can't wait to recount more stories of these amazing breweries and people coming together as a family but we leave in 30minutes so all these thoughts will have to wait for now. The one thought that is stuck in my head came from one of our riders last night at dinner. He's completed to Bouldurango ride twice now and he said both years at the top of Red Mountain Pass he has started to cry. The beauty, the experience, and knowing he was going to complete something he doubted he could many times just washed over him and he couldn't control himself.
We are all very fortunate to have this chance in our lives. I'm so glad Adam had the vision to put this together and I can't wait to see where this goes in the coming years. But for now its into the breach for one final battle. Suffer baby Suffer. Talk to you all from Durango.
No comments:
Post a Comment